The Cocoon Swaddle bag is made from and filled with GOTS certified organic cotton, with elastane in the outer fabric and bamboo in the lining. This means it’s firm enough to restrict startle reflex whilst still allowing stretch and movement for healthy growth. The stretch allows for added comfort, and for a baby to move its hands into a self-settling position inside the swaddle.
The soft, breathable organic cotton and bamboo is certified non-toxic, dyed with water based dyes, and gentle on newborn skin, and skin prone to eczema breakouts.
A zip enclosure also protects your child’s delicate skin, and the handy arm poppers transition the Cocoon from an arms-in swaddle to arms-out sleeping bag when baby is showing signs of rolling.
The bell shaped design is approved by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute as being hip-healthy, and promotes proper joint development in the hips and shoulders joints. Finally, the two-way zipper makes for quick and easy nappy changes during sleep with minimal disruptions.
The Cocoon Swaddle Bag meets all safety standards in Australia and New Zealand and is reviewed by the Eczema Association of Australasia as a skin-friendly product.
- GOTS certified organic cotton
- Made & filled with organic cotton
- Bamboo Viscose
- Breathable Natural Fibres
- Super Stretchy
- Bell-shaped bottom
- Converts to sleeping bag
- Keeps baby snug
- TOG-rated for warmth
- Zip enclosure
- Two-way zip
- Certified non-toxic
- No blankets needed
- Machine washable
- Body: 95% Organic Cotton / 5% Elastane
- Lining: 95% Organic Cotton / 5% Elastane
- Filling: 100% Organic Cotton
HOW TO USE
1. Lay Cocoon on flat, low surface with zip open and arm studs closed
2. Lay baby on top of Cocoon. Tuck legs into swaddle, and zip up with baby’s hands in desired position (by sides, or across chest).
3. To change a nappy or cool down baby, zip open from the bottom of the swaddle to release legs and lower torso. Zip closed again when finished.
4. Layer underneath for warmth as needed
5. To transition to arms-out sleeping once showing signs of rolling, release arms by opening the studs on the shoulders. We suggest doing this one arm at a time over several days.
If your newborn baby does not like being swaddled, it is safe to sleep the in the Cocoon Swaddle Bag with their arms out from the beginning.
Always sleep your baby in a safe-sleep environment.
Gentle cold wash, Low tumble dry, Moderately Hot Iron, Drycleanable, Do not use bleach-based stain removers on the garment.
Ensure you buy the correct size for your baby’s weight, to prevent the Cocoon Swaddle Bag from riding up around your baby’s face. See our Size Guide for more information.
Not suitable for use in a 5 point harness.
As this product is made from organic cotton and bamboo and is not treated with chemical fire retardants the following white fire label applies.
FIRE HAZARD LABEL
According to AS/NZS 1249:2014: