How does the Haakaa work?
The Haakaa works by creating gentle suction on your breast. Most of our pumping mums use the haakaa as a milk catcher or collector while simultaneously breastfeeding their baby on the opposite breast. This assists with achieving a let down and saves time! This breastmilk would otherwise have been lost in a breast pad.
The traditional constant pumping action required for other manual/ non-electrical pumps isn’t necessary with the Haakaa although our customers have found a squeeze every now and then can help to produce a let down. If you have a hand free gently massage your breast or apply a warm compress to improve your milk flow.
How To Use Your Haakaa Breast Pump?
1. Sterilise your pump or wash in warm soapy water (no bleaching agents)
2. Suction the Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump to your breast and let the pump do the work for you as it draws your milk using suction.
There are two ways to apply your Haakaa Breast Pump:
• Simply align the Haakaa so that your nipple is in the centre. Press the pump into the breast so that there is suction and you are ready to go!
• Fold back the silicone breast shield. Once your nipple is aligned in the centre, press the pump into the breast and fold back the pump shield so that it is contact with your breast.
Yes it really is that simple!
If any pain is felt, remove the pump until you feel comfortable.
3. Once milk begins to flow simply leave the pump alone to do its thing.
4. Once the pump becomes full empty into a glass storage bottle and reposition.
5. If the pump is full or you wish to stop pumping – simply suction the suction base to the table next to you while you finish your feed or re dress and the pump is 100% secure. Store as required.
• Perfect for travelling
• Especially soft and comfortable – made from 100% food grade silicone
• Fits perfectly into any handbag or baby bag
• Dishwasher safe – also can be sterilised and left to sit in boiling water
• Easy to use, easy to clean
• BPA, PVC and Phthalate free
• No cords, batteries or assembly required
• 100ml capacity
• Suction base ensuring your pump will not fall over meaning no spills
• Pump only
1 x Haakaa Breast Pump- 150ml
1 x Haakaa Breast Pump Cap
Clean after each use. This product can be sterilised with any steam sterilising system or boiling water. No bleach based agents. Bleaching agents can react with the silicone, while it is still safe to use, bleach will cause the silicone to go cloudy.
• Use the Haakaa while breastfeeding your baby to help achieve a let down
• While constant squeezing (like traditional manual pumps) isn’t required, a couple of squeezes at the start can help to trigger a let down.
• Heat and gently massaging your breast towards the nipple can help with let down and drainage of the breast.